Be a part of our team as a volunteer in various positions and opportunities!
Our volunteers are some of our most valued assets and we certainly would not be able to run some of our programs without their involvement. On-going training is provided. Currently volunteer positions include:
- Computer trainers (Instructing students in the Basic Computer Training program)
- Resource centre volunteers (Their involvement ranges from administrative help, for example, ordering resources and data entry, to keeping our plants healthy and green!)
- Casual volunteers (Assisting with mail outs, special tasks or projects and events)
- Library volunteers (Cataloguing donated books, shelving, contacting overdue patrons)
- Workshop facilitators (Sometimes provided with an honourarium)
- Event performers and organizers (Crimson Cabaret fundraiser primarily)
Approximately 15 volunteers attend the Centre on a weekly or regular basis. Volunteers choose to participate in the Centre for a variety of reasons including: giving back to their community, working in a women-only environment or feminist environment, their beliefs in the value of the Centre and its work, gaining English-language skills, building a social network, breaking isolation in their lives, serving community service time as required by the justice system, taking part in a student practicum program, gaining peer counselling skills, gaining computer skills, gaining teaching skills, gaining life skills, working on a project that inspires them, accessing resources for themselves and other women in their communities, etc.
We look forward to having your vibrancy, talents and excitement contribute to our team! Call us for more details or fill out our Volunteer Form.